Pre-War Dreadnought Mahogany
Yesterday's New Guitar
As close as it get's to a real vintage guitar from the 1930's. Pre War builds replica's of Martins and Gibsons from the 1930's and 1940's. On this dreadnought Pre-War nails both the looks and tone of an old Martin. The guitar has been aged to look like it has been on the road for many years. Played over and over. And somehow Pre-War managed to age the tone as well. It that very woody, dry and warm tone. If you are looking for vintage tone and vibe this is definitely a guitar to consider.
+ Fully set-up at our workshop
+ Free shipping
+ Guitar ships within 2 days
+ Facetime demonstration available.
1 in stock
THE CLASSIC TONE OF A VINTAGE MAHOGANY DREADNOUGHT:
Feather weight, dry and clear, with some sweetness around the edge, tremendous punch with a rainbow of tone colors that changes when you dig in a little harder. It can be soft, it gan be loud or anything in between. and it feels like it belongs in your hands from the first moment you pick it up.
Pre War utilizes hot hide glue for all of the bracing as well as in their perfectly fit traditional dovetail neck joints. They use Torrefied tops and hand carved Torrefied brace wood for it's dry-aged tone. What you get is a guitar with the soul, sound, and look of a well-loved vintage instrument, but with the price, adjust-ability, and reliability of a modern guitar.
- Distress level 2
- Natural or Shade top finish
- Available in Lefty.
- Scale length: 25.4”
- Honduran Mahogany neck w/two way truss rod
- Standard 1937 "C" to "V" neck shape.
- Back material: Honduran mahogany
- Top material: Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
- Fretboard and bridge material: Ebony
- Neck width at nut: Vintage spec, 1 ¾”
- Neck width at body joint/bridge spacing: Vintage spec2 5/16”
- Headcap material: Aged Granadillo
- Binding material: Tortis
- Bridge pins: Ebony Un-slotted
- Nut and saddle: Bone
- Harptone Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty