Martin D-28 1983
A dreadnought with history. The D-28 is a 184 year old model featuring a sitka spruce top, ebony neck and rosewood back. This Martin guitar was built in 1983, however has a modern feel and is very comfortable to play. This vintage guitar has been on tour with James Taylor, to his ‘Hourglass’ tour in 1998. A worldwide tour where he performed Hourglass, one of his best sold albums so far.
“Apart from James Taylor, the great Jimmy Page and Hank Williams are also a fan of the Martin D-28. What Taylor might have loved about this one, among the many reasons, is its Indian Rosewood back body. As a result, Taylor always gets that distinct twang when using this. Its slim mahogany material in its neck paired with the dreadnaught body may be another reason why Taylor chose this as a staple in his acoustic career.”
+ Guitar fully checked and set-up in our workshop
+ Shipping cost calculated at check-out
+ Your guitar ships within 2 working days
+ Video Call demonstration available.
1 in stock
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Non-Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- The guitar has no truss rod